Lauren Burns won an Olympic gold medal in taekwondo when the sport made its debut at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. She has a bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy), is a mother of two gorgeous children and is the author Fighting Spirit and her self published cookbook Food from a Loving Home.
Lauren was awarded the Order of Australia in 2001 and has a string of international titles and achievements to her name. She conducts regular motivational presentations, active workshops and health and wellness programs all over Australia and abroad.
Lauren has always been passionate about food and health. She continues this passion with regular media commitments, articles, blogging and cooking classes both private, school based and corporate.
• 2015 Inducted into the Official Taekwondo Hall of Fame, Croatia
• 2011 Released and published cookbook, Food from a Loving Home
• 2009 Australian Natural Therapists Association Bursary Award
• 2009 Bachelor Health Science, Naturopathy
• 2007 Olympic Education Ambassador
• 2004 Appointed on The Athletes Commission for the Australian Olympic Committee
• 2004 – 2007 Representative on the Athletes Commission, Taekwondo Australia
• 2001 Best Selling Author, Fighting Spirit
• 2001 Sports Medal Recipient
• 2001 Young Australian of the Year, Nillumbik Shire
• 2000 Taekwondo Australia Fighter of the Year
• 2000 Order Of Australia Medal recipient
• 1999, 2001 Blitz Female Full Contact Fighter of the Year
• Women’s Team Captain, Australian Taekwondo Team
• Third dan black belt
• 999 Leader Newspaper Sports Star of the year
• 1993 – 2000 12 times National Champion and Australian Team Member
2001 – 2002
World Vision, Ambassador for Destroy a minefield, rebuild lives campaign (Cambodia)
2001 – 2009
Red Dust Role Models, conducting healthy lifestyle and taekwondo clinics in Indian, Fijian and remote Aboriginal communities.
2003 – current
Appin Hall Children’s Foundation, regular clinics and workshops (taekwondo and nutrition) for terminally ill or disadvantaged children and families.
2004 – 2006
Member on Athletes Commission of both Australian Olympic Committee and Taekwondo Australia
2010 – current
Ambassador for the ‘Organic Schools Garden Program’
2014 – current
Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program – Teaching teachers involved in the program new recipes